Viasat Tempe, AZ 85284
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Test, tune, troubleshoot assemble, disassemble, calibrate, fix and repair - Does this sound familiar to you? You enjoy working side by side with engineers and being an integral part of developing new state-of-the-art communications equipment that enables people to reach out to the world.
As an Engineering Technician you will learn from advanced technicians and engineers how to put your technical knowledge applicable use for RF communication HW and systems for commercial, military, and space applications. You will be supporting engineering development and production activities such as testing, troubleshooting, modification down to the circuit level of RF based hybrid electro-mechanical module and sub-assemblies, record and report test data, and analyzer data and develop reports. You will be trained to configure RF test setups and perform measurements such as gain, P1dB, noise figure, phase noise, adjacent channel rejection, and isolation, just to name a few. You have will develop keen attention to detail as you conduct high level RF Tests and create associated documentation. So, if you are the person who enjoys ensuring that a product you touched is ready for our customers then you just might be looking at the right company!
* Associate's degree in Electronics Technology or related technical subject area
* Understanding of fundamental electronic concepts and circuits
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Ability to work different shifts as schedules and tasking priority changes
* Basic electronic test and troubleshooting skills
* Familiarity with electronic test equipment
* Basic computer skills including good skills with Microsoft Office
* Ability to develop test procedures
* Knowledge of RF test techniques
* Experience working in an RF engineering environment.
* Experience testing and troubleshooting RF amplifiers, LNAs, and Up/Down Converters
* Self directed but good working in a team
This role requires vaccination under current guidance applicable to Viasat. As such, absent an approved accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, employees in this role will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!