Diamond Resorts International Sedona, AZ 86336
*_JOB SUMMARY _*
Under supervision, the Vacation Counselor is responsible for direct sales of vacation ownership products in a professional and ethical manner through a structured sales presentation.
*_ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS_*
* Sells vacation ownership packages in a professional and ethical manner.
* Maintains a professional relationship with members, owners, and guests to develop trust and commitment towards the Company and for the product.
* Works within established pricing, FDI costs and present vacation ownership package options in accordance with specified guidelines and as directed by management.
* Encourages participation in the Company’s member, owner, and guest referral program.
* Follows up with owners and members after the sale, based on established policies and procedures.
* Accountable for meeting acceptable tour-to-sale ratio (VPG).
* Responsible for completing all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
* Adhere to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* No prior experience or training required.
* No supervisory experience required.
* This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
*_LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS_*
* Valid Real Estate License, only if required by applicable state law.
*_SKILLS & ABILITIES_*
This position requires the ability to understand and follow both oral and written instruction as well as have knowledge of and properly use Standard English and follow office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Ability to conduct oneself in a professional, ethical, and unbiased manner at all times.
* Able to clearly explain the product and sales contract.
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Ability to operate general office machinery (i.e. computer, copy machine, fax machine, etc.)
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent time management skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
* Able to effectively perform job duties with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
* Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external Customers.
* Ability to speak competently and confidently in a public setting.
* Basic math skills.
/Please note that Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) acquired Diamond Resorts International (DRI) as of August 02, 2021. If you apply to work at a Diamond Resorts company you will be an applicant of a subsidiary of HGV. A transition to HGV will occur as we integrate technology, systems and branding but it will take time until our separate operating systems, employment policies and benefits are fully integrated. As a result, for a period of time, employees will receive correspondence and messaging from Diamond Resorts as well as from HGV and related entities. /
**Job:** **Sales and Marketing*
**Title:** *Vacation Counselor*
**Requisition ID:** *SST0000A8*