Honeywell Phoenix, AZ 85067
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The incumbent is required to define, coordinate, and perform mechanical design and structural analysis to enable integration/installation of test components and modifications to any of the experimental test aircraft. The candidate is also responsible for the preparation of engineering drawings. Work closely with flight test engineers and technicians to ensure timely completion of flight test projects. Assist instrumentation engineer(s) and technicians in support of flight test activities. Drive the development of flight test procedures for numerous test programs. Assist flight operations maintenance staff with tasks.
Knowledge of aircraft mechanical and electrical systems and Flight Test Experience a plus.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• 5+ years of experience in aerospace structural design
• Mechanical Engineering degree
• Experience in aerospace structural design such as structures DER (Designated Engineering Representative) with DTA (Damaged Tolerance Analysis)
• Proficiency in structural analysis with both classical methods and finite element analysis
• Familiarity with airworthiness standards of CFR 14 specifically subparts 23 and 25
• Proficiency in 3D CAD (Solidworks, Creo, NX)
• Familiarity with metallic and composite aerospace materials, fasteners, and fabrication methods
• Experience creating assembly and part drawings, generating work instructions, and writing technical reports
• Strong written and oral communications skills - able to transcend level and functions
• Strong problem-solving skills including leadership experience
• Demonstrates work safety with attention to safety of flight issues
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.