Whiteriver Construction Lakeside, AZ 85929
Whiteriver Construction is a great place to work! We are a team oriented company that rewards employees for outstanding performance and contributions. Our employees have the opportunity to work at an industry leading firm as recognized by Forbes Magazine in their February 2011 edition as well as work in the beautiful White Mountains of Northeastern Arizona. The White Mountains offers an abundance of natural beauty, history, culture, adventure, and recreational opportunities as well as a wonderful lifestyle
ABOUT WHITERIVER CONSTRUCTION:
Whiteriver Construction is a general contractor that provides construction management and design/build services for public (Federal, State, and Tribal), and private clients in the Southwest. We have had the opportunity to work on and successfully complete "landmark" projects including two projects at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the world famous Monument Valley Visitor Center, and the Theodore Roosevelt School Renovation at Fort Apache, a historical site rich in history and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. We are one of the top construction companies in the Southwest as featured in Forbes Magazine in 2011 and consistently ranked as one of the largest contractors in the southwest by ENR Magazine.
- * Understand and review contract documents, plans, specifications, addenda, owner s contract and subcontracts and monitor all for compliance.
* Assist PM/Superintendent in preparing and maintaining project schedule over the course of the project.
* Assist in the award of subcontracts, create and negotiate Subcontract Scopes of Work.
* Distribute contract documents to subcontractors, including drawings, specifications, and general conditions.
* Create purchase orders.
* Preparing complete, accurate and timely submittal logs for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications.
* Assist project managers with review of submittals for compliance with contract specification
* Receiving approved submittals from Architect or Engineer and coordinate with the Project Superintendent to ensure materials arrive timely.
* Prepare correspondence with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc. Examples of referenced correspondence include, but not confined to the following items: Schedule of Values, project schedule, request for information s, transmittals, submittals, and monthly project progress reports.
* During Construction Phase, proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget and safety.
* Attend all construction meetings and prepare and distribute meeting minutes
* Attend site inspections and create and distribute deficiency and punch list and track through completion
* Support Project Manager with monthly job cost reporting and updating budget cost projections
* Document quality and progress of each Subcontractor and Suppliers. Update Subcontractors and Suppliers of any changes to the plans, specifications and/or schedule.
* Assist with preparation of quantity takeoffs and estimates and help define scopes of work and price change orders.
* Help prepare and submit change order requests for approval.
* Responsible for timely completion of all required project close-out documents per contract.
* Maintain a complete and current set of As-Built drawings reflecting all changes from the base contract documents to include all approved change order requests, addenda, field orders, clarifications, correspondence and field conditions.
* Address and research all field issues as they occur; issue RFI s to Design Team as necessary
* Support Project Manager in preparation of monthly pay applications for owner and subcontractor billings
* Support Estimator with bid and proposal preparation and obtaining subcontractor pricing
- * Five (5) years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity as a Project Engineer
* A four-year Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
* Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities, groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good organizational skills
* Advanced level computer skills (MS Office) and scheduling software
* Experience working on Indian Reservation for Indian Tribes preferred
* Experience working for federal government entities, preferably the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Army Core of Engineers, and/or National Park Service
* OSHA 10 Hour Certificate
* Paid Holidays
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
* 401K Retirement with employer matching contribution
* Three (3) weeks paid time off (PTO)
* Annual bonus based on profitability